Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 2 Day 3

Today is Thanksgiving Eve!  It's been a busy day.  I finished up the grocery shopping, including a crazy trip to Costco, which was packed before their doors even opened.  It took me an hour to get 4 things.  Oh well, I did the rest of the shopping with Little One at Trader Joe's and then we got Little Guy from school.

I didn't have time to work out this morning, but Darab came home early and headed to the gym.  Today was legs and shoulders.  I struggled a little bit to stay focused.  To be honest, I was so sore the day after I did legs last week that I think I was a little scared of that happening again.  I still pushed myself and did all my exercises.  The squats got tough at the end, but I really like the hamstring stuff.  Shoulders are still really hard for me.  You have to use your arms to do the shoulder exercises and I'm still really struggling with weak arms..  The Overhead Press and the Side Lateral Raise were the toughest.  Still, I think I did better than last week.

When I got home, I chopped veggies to get ready for tomorrow.  Darab mashed the roasted sweet potatoes.  And we made the cranberry sauce.  We used fresh squeezed orange juice instead of water and added 3 tablespoons of honey.  We tasted it and apparently, neither of our tastes have adjusted to our sugarless diet yet, so we ended up adding a touch of agave to sweeten it up just a bit more.  It's still tart, but I think it'll do.  Since I'm cooking everything, there will be no "cream of" ingredients and no bread.  We will see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment