Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 1 Day 1

I'm a little surprised that today wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I have been so nervous and scared about starting this, and there really was no need to be.  This is something that I really want, so if anything, I'm really stoked that I'm doing this!  I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

The day started out wonderfully...we didn't have to get up early and get ready for school.  We did, however, get to the Y at 9:20.  I got the kids signed into Adventure Zone, which they love, and made my way to the Step class.  This is only the second time that I've worked out at the Y since we joined in January.  I mainly use it to go swimming with the kids and to get rid of them.  Darab will take them there to play while he works out and I get some quiet time.  So it took me a few minutes to find the room that Step class was in.  I found a place and got going.  It didn't take long for the instructor to ask me if I had done step before.  I guess I looked like a beginner.  I told her it had been a few years.  She said that if I didn't get all the choreography that I could just do something that I knew in it's place, but to just keep moving.  So I did.  I was the slowest, clumsiest person there by far...and probably the youngest too.  But I did my best and I kept up with maybe half of the routine.  My heart rate went way up and I got all good and sweaty.  

After class was over, I was feeling a little discouraged, but when I looked down at my heart rate monitor watch thing and saw that I burned 782 calories.  I'm still not sure I believe it, but that is completely awesome.  I exceeded my goal.  Eating was a bit more challenging.  I know all the stuff I shouldn't eat and haven't had a problem avoiding that.  But I sort of don't know what to choose out of all the stuff I can eat.  Darab helped me make dinner and together we ate a delicious chicken and vegetable stir fry without rice.  

I did touch base with my nutrition coach and she told me something I suspected was coming...no more Coke Zero.  I'm a little ashamed to admit that giving up soda will be more difficult for me than giving up sugar and bread.  My wonderful husband jumped right in and said he would give it up too.  I am going to follow directions and do it without whining, and so I say, "Farewell soda.  We've had lots of great times together, but you're holding me back, and I can't drink you anymore."


No comments:

Post a Comment