Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 3 Day 3


What a difference a day makes!  I had a much better day today.  For starters, I got close to 8 hours of sleep last night.  The kids got up and going a little earlier, which made the morning less rushed.  I was ready for my workout as soon as I dropped the kids off at school.  There was a Step Class that started at 9:30 and a few weeks ago I went and it was full.  Today I got there almost 20 minutes early and got one of the last few spots.  It was so great.  I still really sucked at the choreography, but I could keep up with the whole cardio element.  It felt so great to notice improvement.  After class, I did legs and again, noticed that I had developed more strength.  Next was shoulders, and even though I'm getting better, I don't feel like I'm developing strength in my arms as quickly.  I'm sure it'll come if I'm patient.  By the time I left to pick up Little One I had burned 1077 calories.  That was a great way for me to get my head back in the game.

I ate a protein bar after my workout, since I wouldn't have a chance to go home for awhile.  I went for high protein and low sugar and it was pretty good.  Later in the afternoon, I made myself a yummy crab salad.  Who needs a sandwich when they can have this for lunch...


It was so yummy.  I didn't realize that crab was so high in protein and low in calories and fat.  It's a little pricey, but it's nice to switch up what I'm eating.  For dinner, I made spaghetti squash and meatballs.  Meatballs aren't quite the same when you leave out the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.  They were okay, but I'm going to have to find a way to make them great.  

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so I will have a first.  Either my first time running in the rain or on a treadmill.  I'm pretty nervous about either option.  I'll just do what I've done pretty well for the last two plus weeks...just do it.  I guess Nike was really onto something.  Well, I'm off to finally watch Boardwalk Empire with my sweetie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment