Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 1 Day 7

One week down...11 to go until I reach my goal!  I am so happy.  This week had it's rough spots for sure, and I'm certain that there will be more, but I'm feeling good and making progress.  I've learned a lot this past week and have decided to share some of it in list form...

  1. Sugar (and fake sugar) withdrawal isn't as tough as I thought it would be.
  2. It's not that hard to choke down breakfast in the morning, and when I do, I find that I'm not dragging late in the morning like I used to.
  3. Preparing all your own meals from fresh food requires a lot of planning, shopping, chopping, cooking and dish doing.  
  4. I've identified with my inner animal...when I haven't eaten for awhile I get super cranky and you don't want to get between me and my next meal.
  5. If I eat the good food, I'm not hungry even if I've only eaten a small amount of calories.
  6. The first time you workout, you suck and think you will suck forever.  You learn that's not true the second time you work out.  
  7. My left arm is my primary baby carrying arm and is stronger than the right.
  8. Posting all of this in a blog and linking it to my Facebook is bringing me closer to my friends and showing me just how many people support me.  It also landed me a running buddy and another offer.
  9. My husband is more supportive than I could've imagined.  And he's pretty excited for me to achieve my goal.
  10. My kids are extremely patient and forgiving, even when I wasn't.

Today was a rest day, so no work out.  I did take my Week 1 photos and measurements and sent them off the good people at Fit Systems.  It's still weird, but I imagine it'll get easier.  I've also been thinking a lot about how I wanted to cheat today, since I'm allowed one cheat day in my diet per week.  So it's 9 pm and I'm still wondering.  I think I'm going to have a few chocolate chips and maybe a handful of popcorn.  I didn't want to ruin the progress I've made...and I am well aware of the eating holiday that is taking place this week.  I will be cooking on Thanksgiving and doing my best to incorporate some Thanksgiving recipes from Everyday Paleo.  I'm more than a little nervous about it.

Today was also bikini shopping day!  The selection wasn't great here in Seattle in mid-November.  But I managed to find a really cute black one with a few ruffles.  I didn't bother to try it on since I'm not yet a size small, but I think it'll be really cute on once I am.  

Thanks for cheering me on in my first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment