- Sugar (and fake sugar) withdrawal isn't as tough as I thought it would be.
- It's not that hard to choke down breakfast in the morning, and when I do, I find that I'm not dragging late in the morning like I used to.
- Preparing all your own meals from fresh food requires a lot of planning, shopping, chopping, cooking and dish doing.
- I've identified with my inner animal...when I haven't eaten for awhile I get super cranky and you don't want to get between me and my next meal.
- If I eat the good food, I'm not hungry even if I've only eaten a small amount of calories.
- The first time you workout, you suck and think you will suck forever. You learn that's not true the second time you work out.
- My left arm is my primary baby carrying arm and is stronger than the right.
- Posting all of this in a blog and linking it to my Facebook is bringing me closer to my friends and showing me just how many people support me. It also landed me a running buddy and another offer.
- My husband is more supportive than I could've imagined. And he's pretty excited for me to achieve my goal.
- My kids are extremely patient and forgiving, even when I wasn't.
Today was a rest day, so no work out. I did take my Week 1 photos and measurements and sent them off the good people at Fit Systems. It's still weird, but I imagine it'll get easier. I've also been thinking a lot about how I wanted to cheat today, since I'm allowed one cheat day in my diet per week. So it's 9 pm and I'm still wondering. I think I'm going to have a few chocolate chips and maybe a handful of popcorn. I didn't want to ruin the progress I've made...and I am well aware of the eating holiday that is taking place this week. I will be cooking on Thanksgiving and doing my best to incorporate some Thanksgiving recipes from Everyday Paleo. I'm more than a little nervous about it.
Today was also bikini shopping day! The selection wasn't great here in Seattle in mid-November. But I managed to find a really cute black one with a few ruffles. I didn't bother to try it on since I'm not yet a size small, but I think it'll be really cute on once I am.
Thanks for cheering me on in my first week!