Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week 2 Day 2

Today I went for a run...and I almost liked it!!!  That's right, today's assignment was running and, although I'm still not in a place to follow the plan exactly, I did much better than last time.  We alternated between running and walking for 45 minutes instead of 30.  Our time running was increased and our time walking was decreased compared to our first run.  It was tough...my heart rate went up, but I wasn't so uncomfortable that I wanted to stop like last week.  I think that as we keep this up I might actually really like it.  It is blowing my mind that I might actually become a full blown runner.

Today we had some pre-Thanksgiving feasts.  The first was in Little One's preschool class and it was mainly for the kiddos to try different holiday foods.  The second was Darab's office ordering a Thanksgiving lunch, so Little One and I joined him for lunch.  I got to eat some turkey breast with a little, teeny, tiny bit of cranberry sauce, but everything else had some combination of cream, bread and/or potato so I stuck with the turkey.

Darab worked late and then went to guys beer night so the kids and I hung out together tonight.  I made pork tenderloin, broccoli and carnival squash.  It all turned out pretty well.  For a little night time snack, I cooked a diced apple in some water with cinnamon and a few chopped almonds, then poured it on top of some cottage cheese.  Yum!  A nice sweet and satisfying end to the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment