Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 2 Day 6

Today was pretty great.  My mom stayed over last night and today I talked her into decorating our place for Christmas.  The kids were very excited!  We haven't got a tree yet or put the lights up outside, but the rest looks pretty cute...and I didn't do any of it.  My mom has the magic touch with decorating, I do not.

I was dreading today's workout.  Really, really dreading it.  Even though I was grouchy and didn't want to go work out at all, I got myself ready and went to the same track I did on Thanksgiving and got started.  I thought I would try alternating between 3 minutes jogging and a minute and a half walking.  I did okay, so I decided to walk for only a minute between jogs.  After doing this for 15 minutes, I decided to try to run for longer.  I wasn't sure how much longer, but I made it to 5 minutes...then 10, 15, 30, 45 and finally started my cool down after I had jogged for 60 minutes.  It was unreal.  I found a good pace and then the Maroon 5 song, "Moves Like Jagger" came on and I just found my groove.  I don't even like that song, but something about running to music made me think of Rocky and I just loved it!  I didn't want to stop, so I didn't and before I knew it, I had burned through 1053 calories.  I think that might make up for the extra calories I ate on Thanksgiving.

I can't believe that less than 2 weeks ago, I could barely run for 2 and half minutes.  And when I did, I thought I was going to collapse.  It's amazing to me that I would make this much progress in 2 weeks!  I know I've been working really hard, but there have been moments that I wasn't completely convinced I could do this.  I'm still a little unsure about how far I will come in the next 10 weeks, but I'm getting a lot less nervous about it and way more excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment