Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 1 Day 5

MY LEGS ARE SORE!!!  I feel like I'm limping when I walk and I groan when I stand up from sitting.  I'm hoping that by tomorrow I'm not hurting as bad, but either way I will be ready to work my chest and biceps.

This morning started out with my husband's alarm on his phone going off right next to me.  It completely startled me and woke me up a whole 15 minutes earlier than I wanted.  I'm not a bright and shiny person any morning, but this morning I didn't stand a chance and neither did my husband.  Poor husband.  

I managed to eat breakfast and get the kids out the door.  After I walked the kids to class I met up with a fellow PTA mom and we drove to a path to do our first run together.  I was nervous because my last run went so horribly wrong, but this time was so great!  Not easy, but great.  I am so grateful that she kept time and pace, so all I had to do was follow directions.  Running with a pal is definitely the way to go, so we made plans for next week, including Thanksgiving morning.  Hooray!  After our run and chat I went to the Y to do abs.  Abs were difficult, but really quick.  I had to do a plank for 30 seconds twice and was completely shaking for the last 10 seconds each time.  Maybe a little embarrassing, but I liked it.  

I came home with Little One and we were ready to eat lunch.  I decided to make a recipe that my food coach sent me called Apple Pie Breakfast.  It was basically oatmeal cooked with a chopped apple, almonds and cinnamon over cottage cheese.  It might sound weird, but it was delicious!  After I ate it, I felt really heavy.  Then for the rest of the day I kept thinking about food...all of the crappy food I want to eat.  This is the first day that I've had huge bad food cravings.  I saw cherry pie and pizza on TV and wanted to eat them.  And I heard about Hostess going out of business and wanted to eat Twinkies and Ding Dongs even though I can't remember the last time I did.  Not fun.  

Of course I didn't give in and eat anything I'm not supposed to.  I'm excited to plan out some meals for next week and get some protein powder to make shakes with.  I'm hoping that there is a chocolate flavor that satisfies a craving.  Yep, that would be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment