Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week 1 Day 4

Well, a good night's sleep can change a lot!  Today was a good day.  It was a little tough to eat my eggs and turkey bacon, but once we got out the door, I felt good.  I got the kids to school and drove to the Y.

I had my list of leg and shoulder exercises and my phone so I could look them up.  It took me awhile to find my way around the weight rooms and to figure out how to adjust the machines.  Then I had to figure out how much weight to use.  I surprised myself with how much I could do (legs) and how little I could do (shoulders).  My muscles got pretty shaky toward the end, but I had a really good time!  It was a nice break from focusing on cardio.  I'm super sore.  When I lifted up my daughter, every single muscle I had ached.

I came home after picking up Little One from preschool and made us lunch.  I was happy there were leftovers again, so I had some leftover fajita steak and peppers with guacamole and black beans.  I took a shower while Little One took a nap and then we headed off to Lego Club.  And that is where I found a running buddy!!!  So we have plans to run tomorrow morning.  She knows that I am just beginning since she read Day 3, so I don't need to feel self conscious about not keeping up.  I'm very excited to not have to go it alone, at least for tomorrow.

I made my first ever chicken curry for dinner.  It was pretty easy and tasty.  And a little bit later, I made my first healthy dessert...baked apples and pears with cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and a tiny bit of honey.  It really hit the spot.  I love a sweet treat at the end of the day.  I'm going to have to ask when I can incorporate some kind of chocolate into my diet.  Just a little, tiny bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment