Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 3 Day 2

I was in a big slump today.  I didn't wake up with the most energy today and the first thing I do in the morning is weigh myself...and I was up 0.6 pounds.  I've dropped 4 pounds in 2 weeks, so I was discouraged to see the number go up.  I'm trying to keep it in perspective.  I know I'm still doing what I'm supposed to be doing and it will work...today was just one of those days where I never really found my groove.  Little things weren't going my way and for some reason I thought that a sandwich or chocolate would be a good solution.  I actually ended up eating really well today, but my goodness, eating junk sounded so good!

My heart rate monitor wasn't working consistently during my run, so I don't have an accurate number of calories burned for today and that was really frustrating for me.  I'm pretty sure I did enough as far as my workout, but I don't have that number to prove it.  Ugh!  I think some of the initial excitement I had has worn off and I'm crashing pretty hard.  What I'm doing didn't change today, just how I feel about it...so I'm really trying hard to remember that I trust this process and everyday isn't going to be easy.  In fact, no one ever told me this was going to be easy, but everyone is saying that it will be worth it, and I do still believe that.  I really didn't want to whine during this whole process, but I do want to be honest about how each day is going here.  So I made it through today and I hope tomorrow is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment