Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 3 Day 4

I had a first today...I ran on a treadmill!  Once again, was more nervous than something actually is scary.  When will I learn?  The cardio room was more than half full, so I was a little intimidated.  I don't know what I was thinking...that I would trip and fly backwards like a cartoon or sitcom or something.  That didn't happen.  I actually found it to be pretty similar to running on the track outside.  I can find a groove when I'm not paying attention to a path or dealing with different inclines.  I think I still prefer running outside, so I will probably keep doing that on Saturdays when I can use the school track.  But until I'm ready to run in the rain, the treadmill will do the trick.

Now onto food.  Turkey bacon and eggs whites for breakfast.  The newness of eating breakfast has worn off and I really don't like egg whites, but I'm getting used to it.  I have noticed that I am relying on coffee much less in the mornings.  I used to have 2 cups before I left my house in the morning, now I have one and sometimes I don't even finish it.  It may have a little something to do with the fact that I gave up flavored creamer for black coffee, but I think it mostly has to do with getting a good nights sleep and more energy throughout the day, including first thing in the morning.  I have never been a morning person, but since I've started this, I'm closer than I've ever been.  We've also been early to school most everyday in the last 3 weeks.  It's been nice.

After I picked up Little One from school, we went to have teriyaki.  My daughter calls it chicken and rice.  It's a place that we would go once a week or so, but haven't been since I've changed what I've been eating.  I had to ask how they cooked the chicken and ask them to grill it without oil and to steam the cabbage instead of cook it in the usual wok.  I felt a little high maintenance, but they were really nice about it.  We ordered chicken breast instead of the usual Lunch Special A, which is chicken and gyoza with vegetables and rice.  We still got the rice, but I didn't eat any.  I also avoided any extra teriyaki sauce.  So we had a nice little lunch together.

I have been craving something sweet and satisfying and chocolatey for awhile now and today I found something that fit the bill...in a diet sort of way.  I found a chocolate brownie protein bar by Quest Bar. It has 20 grams of protein, 19 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar and is only 190 calories.  The only downside is it's $2.50 a bar, which seems high to me.  But the bars seem like a really good option for when I am on the go, especially right after a work out.  Let's hope my new food coach approves.  Yep, that's right, my old one parted ways with Fit Systems, so I have to get to know someone new.  I'm sure he will be great, but I'm a little nervous.

Overall a pretty good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment