Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 3 Day 5

Friday!  This was a long week, and I'm so glad that it's the weekend.  This morning I studied my new chest and biceps workout.  I look up all the exercises online and then email myself a list of everything I need to do along with a link that tells me how to do it.  I probably look like such an ass in the weight room.  Someone who can't do more than one exercise without checking her phone, but really I'm watching a video of what I'm supposed to do.  I was so happy to find out, again, that I am getting better.  My arms started out so weak, and I'm sure they still are, but I'm able to do all the reps where I couldn't before, and in most cases I'm using more weight.  It is so encouraging.  It feels great to know that if I just keep going, I will improve.  After chest and biceps I did abs.  The new ab workout I got was a lot tougher than what I've been doing the past 2 weeks.  It was a real struggle to get through, actually.  Those V-ups...pretty tough.  I think I'll need to do abs more often.

And now the food.  I ate the usual for most of the day...egg whites and turkey bacon for breakfast, protein shake after my workout and crab salad for lunch.  Little One and I left to get Little Guy from school and then we all had to stay for a meeting to plan a preschool movie night.  By the time we left, it was 4:15 and I didn't have a plan for dinner.  We stopped at the store and I threatened the kids several times to ensure good behavior.  They had a pretty major problem with following directions at Seattle Super Supplements earlier this week.  But this time they did pretty well and we bought a good quality rotisserie chicken, some veggies and a little indulgence...sweet potato waffle fries.  The ingredient list on the fries was pretty good, but not perfect.  Even so, I really wanted something that would satisfy a craving for something sort of junkie and this seemed like it could work.  I got home and we got cooking.  The kids were super happy to have at chicken legs and I made myself a fantastic chicken, bacon, avocado sandwich.  I took the skin off my chicken breast, cooked turkey bacon, added a little mayo, tomato and red onion and wrapped it in green leaf lettuce.  It was so delicious!  I didn't even miss bread and cheese.  I ate it with about a serving of sweet potato waffle fries and made a little dipping sauce to go with them, equal parts honey and mustard.  This was the best meal I've had all week.  It was about 475 calories, which is high.  I've been eating smaller meals more often, but I wasn't home at my usual snack time, and was so hungry by the time we did get home.  It felt a little strange to eat a larger meal, but was worth it.


I also found a new treat.  Well I sent Darab on a bit of a quest.  He tried 3 stores in 2 days and finally scored at Whole Foods.  It's called Arctic Zero.  It's a frozen dessert that is super low in calories and sugar, fat free, dairy free and pretty darn tasty.  It's made from concentrated whey protein and is all natural.  I'm pretty sure it's allowed and it is really nice to have a little something sweet after dinner and not feel bad about it.  It's not rich and creamy like ice cream, but it certainly gets the job done and at only 37 calories per serving, I'll take it.  I tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter but they have more flavors that I can't wait to try.  It is possible to eat well and be happy, after all. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment