Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 3 Day 7

Three weeks are just about complete for me!  I can't believe that I'm a quarter of the way into this thing.  I've been thinking a lot about how much I have changed in just 3 short little weeks.  Here is some of what's changed for me...

  1. I have dropped a size and have a bunch of clothes that I got to try on and realize that they fit...from my own closet!  It's like shopping, but it's free.
  2. I ran with my son in the rain to the entrance to Sunday School and wasn't panting by the time we reached the door.  That wouldn't have been the case a few weeks ago.
  3. I wake up in the morning, and I'm moderately happy.  Sure, I would like to have slept past 7, but it only takes me a few minutes to become a happy and productive member of this family.  
  4. I am managing my time a lot better now.  I'm no longer feeling behind, rushed or late all the time.  I'm not exactly sure how this happened since I have been spending at least 7 hours a week working out and cooking almost everything I'm eating.  Somehow it feels as if I have more time.  
  5. I was excited to shop for my Christmas party dress and the old me would have dreaded it.  The 6 was a little big, so I ordered a 4 and when it came in the mail...it zipped!  
  6. I don't miss diet soda.
  7. I don't miss bread.
  8. I've influenced my hubby.  He's eating almost as good as I am and working out too.  He's looking pretty good. ;)
  9. I'm starting to understand that not loading my kids up with carbs as snacks is good for them and I shouldn't feel guilty about it.
  10. Feeling this in control of you body and this good in my own skin is something that I don't ever want to loose.  
Can you tell that I'm happy that I am doing this?  It ain't easy, but man it feels so good.  

Today was a rest day and boy did I enjoy it.  We did some errands as a family, and then cleaned and hung around the house.  We made dinner tonight, meatloaf from Everyday Paleo.  I actually saw one of my facebook friends post a photo of his version last night.  I didn't know he was doing the whole Paleo thing, so that was a fun surprise.  Anyway the meatloaf sounded great and I'm blessed with a husband who will try anything, so we made it.  It was pretty easy, and very tasty, but it didn't hold together very well.  When we tried to slice it, it basically just crumbled apart. Here is the before...


And the mixing...


And then me making a little meat baby...


Inspired by The Meat Baby of course...


So wrong.  Anyhow, this is how the meatloaf turned out after it we tried to slice it and it crumbled...


We roasted up some broccoli and brussels sprouts with a little olive oil, salt and pepper to go along side.  Of course I forgot to put the sweet potatoes in the oven, so no baked potatoes to go along with it.  The kids don't really like any type of potato or sweet potato dish anyway, so not a big deal.  I forgot to take a photo of my plate before I devoured it, so here is my girl's plate with her seconds...



She can eat brussels sprouts like there is no tomorrow.  Yum, yum, yum!  Now I'm off to watch the season finale of Boardwalk Empire!  I'm so excited!  Good night!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been checking in on you (without commenting) and it's so fun to see your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete