Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 3 Day 6

Cheat Meal!  I had been thinking about it for hours...definitely throughout my late afternoon run.  We decided on Chipotle after the kids were in bed, so I could really enjoy devouring it without having to constantly say, "Don't play with your food" or "Don't wipe your hands on your pants".  It took me at least 15 minutes with their online nutrition calculator to decide exactly what was worth being in my salad.  I was really surprised at all the sodium in their food.  But I guess even though it's good quality, it's still fast food.  So for my cheat meal I decided on a salad with steak, black beans, fajita veggies, guacamole and something I haven't had in weeks...CHEESE!  I decided to get a few salsas on the side, so I could add a half serving, because the salsas had a ton of sodium.  Who knew?  Here is what my meal looked like...


It was so tasty.  Part of the appeal is that I didn't have to cook it.  I didn't realize until I did this program how much I relied on packaged or prepared food, or eating out.  It really does feel better to cook what you eat and control the quality of ingredients, but it does take a lot of work.  Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options for eating well while eating out.  It's making me a little nervous for all of the parties and eating out that are going to happen this month.  I'll have to prepare myself and have a plan going into these events.  But back to cheating.  My cheat meal wouldn't be complete without a cheat dessert...and this is what I have chosen.  


I love Snickers and I'm a sucker for all the holiday themed ones that they come up with.  This little guy isn't cheap, calorie wise I mean.  It has 160 calories, 9 grams of fat and 17 grams of sugar.  I'm going to savor every bite.  By the way, I did run today and did a little ab work to.  So hopefully the 761 calories burned today will help out with the cheating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment